Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2021

 Sketch books!  I’ve always had a sketch book. I often was more in love with “having” a beautifully bound book instead of the actual sketching but that being said, many many evenings have been spent with me looking at my surroundings and sketching what I saw, a chair against the book case, the cat in a chair, the way the lamp light cast a light and illuminated a corner of the room.  All this was of course WHILE watching tv with a glass of wine.  It takes me back to my early college days.  I always have done it and NOW, turns out, sketchbooks are the rage.  They are gorgeous. I particularly like the Stillman and birn variety of sketchbook. The paper is exquisite.

https://amzn.to/3vGyLho If you’d like to take a look here is an amazon link.  As much as I am fearful of amazon taking over the world and all its money I am also so pleased when I get a 24 hour delivery. Call me mixed on the issue.  

I will be demonstrating a few of my easy sketches on warm tan paper highlighted with white markers later this week on my youtube channel. Sally Rosenbaum https://youtu.be/nbCHyspdpn4 ...I hope you’ll join me there for lots of future art videos.  I am a former art teacher; spent a life time PAINTING and selling my art, and now I am going to try the virtual art lessons and shares and recommendations and just blabbing about my opinions, inspirations, techniques, and philosophies. 


No comments: