Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

 Today I start getting serious about my art blog and my posting.  I’ve been focusing on one of my favorite sizes and motifs to paint, the 8 x 10 of  moments in time. I am returning to some of my favorite scenarios, women in solitude creating or reading and lost in imagination (introvert that I am) and children usually with books..What is it about books?!!!! They have been my friend for 65 years..  I think I can recall running to sit on my dad’s lap on Sunday after church and having him read the “funnies” to me and out of nowhere I started reading them along with him. It hit me like I lightening bolt that I could read without needing a grownup to do it for me and with that thought I was off and running ......read read read.....then came serious homework and reading assigned reading.  I slowed down a bit from my escape reading as I had to get serious with textbooks but I resumed when I was free from academia.  It’s still my favorite “subject” to arrange and paint. I also have to admit that I love painting the figure...over landscape.....so the figure needs to be doing something. HE/she is writing or reading and sometimes just thinking. I can sit and daydream, think, remember, and plan for hours.  Can you?  I’ll be posting them as I paint them and sometimes there will be links here for purchase.  Please follow me and you’ll get notices when I’ve posted a new one.



No comments: