Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

It's a very pleasant day here in Long Beach. I wake up to a window in front of me sans window covering (just pure sky) and a beautiful arched window to my right with a gigantic painting leaning in front of it to shield me from a possible passerby on the street below. Both windows open inwardly and are still the original dark wood from 1932. How beautiful it would be to swing them open into the room and let the moist warm breezes from the nearby ocean wake me each morning. I probably could figure it out but I HAVE CATS that dominate me. I am fearful of them lunging or climbing the screen and it giving way as it's old and rusty and they would crash to the ground one story below. They are indoor cats and run the household. Once in a while I will supervise an "opening." As the day breaks, I have already completed a few sketches (procreate) and checked facebook, instagram, a very very brief glance at the news of the day (which ususally makes me throw up), played and won the nytimes CONNECTIONS and WORDLE and I AM ready to rumble...oops I mean ready to paint. I have read the mantra that I wrote a few days ago......(slightly edited to protect the author from embarrassment) It goes: "During these last 6 months of 2024 i will receive $x from sales of paintings, books on kdp and stock increases. I am excited and creative and ideas will come to me in my sleep and while driving and in the course of each day. I will expand my customer base and find buyers from the internet. My health will inspire energy and creativity. I will work on the computer, on the easel and in my brain to come up with great ideas that will manifest into inspiration right away. I will film ideas and I won’t worry about them being perfect. I will just get them out there. The shoot, the ideas, the process. I will write in my book as I learn INDESIGN 10 pages a day." There you have it....good to visualize the day, the work, the goals. NOW, I still have to figure out the size of the painting

No comments: