Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Painting the Napa Valley Water tower

Well it's a done deal...I am moving from my quarantine bunker (haha .....tiny one bedroom apartment in the same building as my son) to a more spacious place with a yard, a DISHWASHER, and I can finally use my washer and dryer and revisit all of my STUFF that's been in storage for a year. Raise your hand if you've ever made the mistake of storing JUNK. It's just not worth the investment of over 4000.00 that it's cost me to store it so I will get it all out and again start culling out the UN NECESSARY stuff. In the meantime I am beyond excited about the new venture with youtube and filming and cameras and painting. All the paintings that I show on the youtube channel are for sale for a brief period of time here. I use squarespace and stripe and paypal. It's easy to buy; click, pay and then I ship it directly to you. I like to use frames on my work and I have used jfm frames on the east coast and www.pictureframes.com .....pay attention to shipping. If there's any free shipping that's the way to go because frames are heavy! Here's the new youtube video complete with a list of the paint colors I used to execute it. Be sure to subscribe and give me a like. I'm hoping to really make the channel grow. I want to talk a lot about the evolution of art as well and do some stories about artists I admire as well as collecting advice and display possibilities. I am working on a 30 x 40 landscape with a NAPA oak tree in the background and dry ochre grasses in the foreground. It, of course, is the typical Napa/Sonoma landscape and I love the colors and the visuals of it. I do also love the pine forests of Georgia but I haven't seen them in quite a while! My new computer arrives tomorrow with sooooo many more bells and whistles. I love bells and whistles and SPACE! This will be loaded wtih final cut pro and I will be able to use software that I haven't been able to use. My current computer is loaded with space but it's still old. It lacks a camera; the speakers are nonfunctional and the fans go on constantly. It is not worth fixing. Ah such is the digital life in 2021; new stuff every 5 to 8 years. Here's a connection to the new video. Please subscribe and click the LIKE BUTTON. It helps!!

No comments: