Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

The inner judge

This is  my most recent finished product ...dare I say done?  I have come to realize that I am not often done when I think I am.  The paint dries, I catch a glimpse from the corner of my eye from a different angle and there's a feeling of unsettledness that strikes at my gut.  I try to listen to my FIRST response with a fresh eye...What part of the painting is bothering me? Is it balanced? what would FEEL better? When I can walk past it with a smile on my face I think I am done.  If it nags me or puts me in a grumpy mood I know I have to revisit something and usually the FIRST thought that comes to my mind is the area of investigation.
This one is almost there. I am going to position it in the hall so I have to look at it as I come around the corner and listen to my inner judge.  Something is bugging me

2 comments:

Susan Roux said...

This is so lovely Sally. I love it! The colors dance everywhere, yet they are soothing and relaxing just like your figure. She's captivating and beautiful...

chris said...

This one has been a favorite since I first saw it, how can you improve on prefection! chris