Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Thoughts from July painted in January

When you paint from photographs you can always revisit the summer!  I have painted this pose in a 30 x 40 but handled it completely differently.  First it was a full body pose and I had a very dark prussian blue, indian yellow and alizarin background. 
This one is lighter.  I am loving the 24 24 format and the symmetry that it provides. I feel like it makes the eye travel more quickly covering all corners of the canvas.  I painted it first in raw umber with a line in drawing, then completely painted it with ivory black and white and a touch of green.  After drying I added the color.  I think I will revisit the flesh after this drying.


SOLD

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Cette peinture est déjà remplie de fraîcheur et de parfum... Les couleurs sont très harmonieuses. Je reviendrai vous visiter après les changement que vous voulez apporter...
Bises

Anonymous said...

I love this piece! To me it represents my past girlhood in the valley. I am a new follower of Ms. Rosenbaum but can say her art touches my very soul.